Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And Then There Was Food....

This is a carry over post from last Friday's "This Moment." I was chopping lots of veggies. I LOVE fresh veggies and I can't wait to grow my own...but until then, I go to the farmer's market and co-op and get what I can.

What isn't pictured here are the bell peppers, garlic and ginger that was also chopped or minced.  All of it went into an Asian sauce that was put on some pork.....

 This is what the boys got....lots of roasted potatoes (one of our favs), some peas and the Asian pork.  They said it was quite tasty.  I personally think that what Car Guy and I ate was much better....
Oh my goodness!  Look at that salad!  I totally ruined all healthy benefits by putting that pork on there.  And then, I was really bad. Since I cooked the pork before I put the glaze on it, I dribbled the left over glaze on the salad instead of using dressing.  It was so delicious, but the glaze is made with melted plum jam, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and several other items...yum.  I'm sure the calorie count was way off there but it was so worth it.

What's your weakness now that spring is coming?

7 comments:

  1. My husband is a HUGE pork lover and would really enjoy your meal!
    I have been enjoying lots of salad's here too. Now I am just waiting on fresh melons to be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a salad everyday now for about a week---YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh pineapple! Most of the produce I love is summer produce: tomatoes, peaches, avocados, bell peppers (the farmer's market kind)... Yum. It's making my mouth water. That pork dish of yours looks yummy. I think I have a similar sauce recipe from Cooking Light, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Your dish looks really tasty. I don't really have weakness.... but I've changed from drinking hot tea all day to iced tea. That's when I know the weather is getting warmer.. but how I drink my tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check it out: hope you don't already have one, but maybe you do? I've given you a Versatile Blogger Award on my blog today: http://annewoodman.wordpress.com/ Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that stuff looks to die for! Now I'm hungry.. honey is taking me out to lunch and grocery shopping this afternoon. Yah! Say, I was so busy I missed your last post, but that is soooOOOOOOooooo adorable!! Spinning wheels are so picturesque.. let alone having two kitties on it! I bet what they're drawn to is the smells of wool and other wild fibers. My dog has been going nuts over the angora bunny fiber on mine. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuuuuum! I love salad but that looks like salad to the extreme. I want to come for dinner!

    ReplyDelete