Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Geek Outs and Yarn.

I don't know about the rest of you, but there are a few people that I admire enough to get a little giddy when I meet them. I managed to only have one major geek out moment at the Conference Saturday and I didn't even have a conversation with this person.  It happened when we first got there.  We were walking through the lobby and this tiny little whirlwind goes blowing past us at ninety miles an hour and I blurt out "Holy Crap, that was Doris Chan." This woman is my crochet hero.  She is an amazing designer and I love her designs because NO seams!  That, in and of itself, is enough to make me like her work, but all of her designs are beautiful and usually, if you pay attention (cough, cough) not too complicated to create.  I have all of her books and have made several of her pieces, so seeing her there was the bonus plan.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see or talk to her later in the day.  However, I did get to meet the amazing Lily Chin and I had a mild geek out moment and had my picture taken with her.  I'm such a dork!  She's another extremely talented lady and was very sweet. Here is a link to some her books. I think I'm going to have to do some book shopping!

My day was not totally filled with geek out moments....for the most part.  I did manage to see some beautiful and very colorful yarn.  Are you ready?

There were tons of sparkly yarns and a lot of vibrant colors.  For example...

I kept threatening to steal this one.  I don't think I would have gotten very far.

Aren't these great?  Talk about amazing socks!  Wonder how long that took...

All in all, it was a wonderful day and I do believe that I went into sensory overload and forgot to take pictures.  I spent way too much money and had an amazing day.  I was told that SAFF will make this look like child's play, so I'm in a lot of trouble.

Finally, I leave you with what we saw as we left for the day....

This made my trippy hippy heart skip a beat or two.  Lovely yarn and lovely friends.  Pretty close to perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are gorgeous! Love the photos of the show! You'll have to tell us the name of the show. Love the longstockings and the VW buses! Woo hoo! What did you buy?
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. I love those stockings. I've always wanted to knit some stockings in laceweight. Yeah, you already know I'm weirdo.

    ReplyDelete