Monday, June 18, 2012

{Magic of the Mundane}



Today, I am joining Sofia over at Sofia's Ideas for Magic of the Mundane. I so love this idea because it totally falls in line with my desire to get back to simple. It can be a picture, a poem or song, a short video or anything else that celebrates the Magic. So often, we get caught up in "where we're going" that we forget to look at the beauty of "where we are."

Please forgive the blurry picture.  He wasn't in the mood for photos.
There are two pets that are a big part of the daily "going ons" in our house. They are definitely more than just pets, but members of the family and I am happy to report that the grey one up there is hogging the bed again, chasing his brother around the house at ungodly hours of the night and generally being a rambunctious kitty again. Never again will I take for granted the snuggles in the morning, the purring that vibrates his whole body, the begging for lettuce (of all things) and the running around he does.  He gave us quite a scare a couple of weeks ago and now is getting completely spoiled by all the members of this family.  So go love your pet....you'll feel better too.

9 comments:

  1. Glad that he is much much better! They are all family, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so pretty Melissa! I want a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Good to hear he's feeling well.

    Yes, our pets are members of the family. We have a dog (Maverick) and a bunny (Timbit). We enjoy them so much!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will tell you that I missed our cat and dog while we were gone for 9 days and appreciated them when we got home. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice for the people in your life, too. ; )

    Cute photo--looking right at the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. I had a cat growing up and she really was part of our family. No pets now... hubby and son have allergies too bad. So glad he is doing better!! (And lettuce!?!? HA!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freddy couldn't come on vacation with us......I know he's OK at doggie camp, but we're all missing him. Yep, part of the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes its so easy to take our pets for granted, all those who hold a special place in our hearts, really. Sometimes its those scary moments that make us realize that tomorrow with them is never a guarantee. I often look at our boxer, Coltrane, and I see the gray hairs framing his face. I am reminded of the inevitable. But my kids just say "Mom, instead of getting sad, just enjoy him..." Aaah, so wise.

    Glad your companion is on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes! It's all too easy to take our furry family members for granted. They need some special cuddles too.

    ReplyDelete