Thursday, January 27, 2011

What Day Is It?

I wish I could say that I've spent the last few days being incredibly productive and I have...sort of.

First of all, thanks for all the prayers, good vibes and warm fuzzies sent this way.  Our friend is going to make a full recovery and looks like he's going to swear off motorcycles for a while. I understand the allure and they sure are fun, but this is a prime example of why I don't ride them since I've had children.

Now to the fun stuff...

The wrestling tournament was a HUGE success in that Number Two Son came third place in his weight class - Yea!!!! To me, that's the most important thing.  He was pleased, so that means I was too. On the downside, only half the teams that were supposed to be there showed up, so we didn't make the money for the team that we had hoped to make.

Unfortunately, I'm sure due to the crazy hours, I went from having a sniffle to having a full blown bug.  YUK! So I didn't do anything on Sunday but lay around and be pathetic.  I got up Monday, thinking I was doing better and decided that I was actually worse, so after only a couple of hours at work, I came home and went to bed.  I was back at work yesterday and am now feeling some what human. I know this is because I've been living off of chicken soup.  It's one of the best comfort foods in the world.

So that leads me to "What day is it?"  It can't possibly already be Thursday?!?  Where did my week go?  I have two small finished items....

See, they are small.  A lady I work with needed something for a friend who is adopting a baby.  The new mom-to-be is a cardiologist, so my friend wanted to get her something that she couldn't just go out an buy and was special and hand made. Oh my!  This made me feel very special.


And I've made pretty good progress on the baby blanket.  I hope to be able to deliver it to the store by this week end.  I think I'll have enough yarn left over to possibly make a bonnet and booties!






Me and Sue - Isn't she lovely!
Last night was "Last Wednesday" with my dear lady friends.  They are such a wonderful group!  We are talking about getting a group together for a pilates class...my muscles are protesting at the thought!

To the right there is me and my friend Sue.  She's one of the ladies at "Last Wednesday."  Whenever I spend any time with her, I'm reminded of what a truly amazing friend she is.  Not only is she gorgeous on the outside, but she's also such a stunning soul.


I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!  We have another wrestling tournament this weekend, but things are starting to wind down.  We'll get a couple of weeks off and then spring sport try outs start.  Number One Son is trying out for Lacrosse. This should be interesting : ) Lots of bruises and sore muscles. I'll be sure to post the blanket when it's done. We're off to a wrestling match and to eat some yummy hot dogs.  Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love the baby hat and booties. I've been a bootie maker for years and it's so neat to make something by your hands for a precious new child.

    Hugs from Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy :-)
    I haven't visited your blog (well, ANY blogs, not just yours) in a while, and it is good to catch up with you.

    I LOVE your finished projects! How brave to take on a hat and booties. I can't seem to get beyond the basic square of a blanket (in its various forms) or little toys. Garments other than scarves are just daunting to me. I know your friend will just love them, especially since YOU made them.

    And I know what you mean, about spending time with friends. On the rare occasions I get together with my good friends (they all live far away), it basically recharges all our batteries, on so many levels. There is definitely something to be said for fine fellowship.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete