Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crazy!

Holy Cow!  How is everyone?  We have had some crazy weather! Snow and ice and so much of it that my office was closed yesterday! I've worked for the same company for the past 5 years and this is the first time that they have ever closed due to weather. I had a wonderful day at home with My Boys and Car Guy doing a lot of nothing.

I did crochet the Go West Wrap from Crochet Today.  It turned out to be a very pretty and warm wrap/scarf.  (I wore it today, just to make sure.) I used the "All Spice" color of the Curly Q yarn and it's a very beautiful autumnal mix of golds, maroons and greens.  The yarn has a lot of stretch to it, so you have to watch your tension.   This is one that would be a great gift for someone because it looks so impressive but is so easy. I literally worked this one up in a few hours.


I've started working on a baby blanket for my friend's store.  She sold that last one and needs a replacement.  I'm trying something a little different and working in a star pattern that increases with each round. I think it will be pretty when it's done, but I also think that this one is going to take longer than the standard baby blanket.  I chose gender neutral yellow and green and I do like the way the compliment each other. Since this picture was taken, I've completed another green section.  I'm afraid that this is moving so slow that I might switch from double crochet to triple crochet. What do you think?

Well, it's late and I need to go to bed.  Work tomorrow at the "normal time."  Yay! Back to the ol' eight to five.  Stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Love the wrap, the color is beautiful.

    The afghan is very nice too.

    It's going to be 70's and sunny where I am. *ducks and runs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one cute baby blanket! I wouldn't change stitches, though.. just my 2 cents.

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete