Saturday, May 22, 2010

Uh Oh!

Oh joy.  So my family has discovered I have a blog.  Not like this is monumental news.  This is a very selfish place where I let out a few hiccups.  Nothing major.   Though, I have a confession.  Those knobby knees in the Car Guy post belong to my oldest son. 

This is just a place where I put those random thoughts.  Nothing embarrassing...though I could go there if I wanted too....Captain Underpants....but this is about me and my world. Yes, they are a part of this, but this is the one place where I take center stage.  I don't play second fiddle to any one and any one who is a mom and wife knows exactly what I mean. 

Something happens when a woman gets married and has children....We loose ourselves. We become some one's wife or mother, but that thing that made us uniquely ourselves disappears.  We loose our identity.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just one of those things that happens.  I truly love my husband and children and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  But sometimes I wonder what happened to me.  What happened to that trippy, dippy, hippy chick that was a lot of fun?  Did I get mired down in day to day life and loose what made me special? I've actually discovered that I haven't lost anything.  I've been enriched.  I have more dimensions (no I'm not talking about the ninja pounds)....I've become more in depth.  There is now more to Me than meets the eye. I'm not some aging hippy.  I'm a mom.  I make sure homework gets done and tests get passed and there is food on the table and love in their hearts.  I'm a more enriched person and so are they.  I lost a little, but I gained so much more than I ever thought. And man, is that cool or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment