Friday, May 7, 2010

Gleek

OK.  I have an confession.  I am such a Gleek.  I absolutely LOVE the show Glee.  Every note warbling, dork out, sing along moment.  I so totally understand the whole out cast thing.  I've lived in my home town pretty much my whole life - with brief excursions to a neighboring town that is a whole 15 to 20 minutes away.  I wouldn't say that I'm an outcast, but I don't always fit in.  I'm very opinionated and am not afraid to speak my mind. That's not always a good thing.  I also can have quite a potty mouth (I'm working on it! No, really, I am!)  This can offend people too.  I march to the beat of my own drum and it is LOUD.  I've always done that, it just took adulthood for me to find my comfort zone with it.  All that being said, I still long for friends and to fit in.  I don't care how loudly any one protests, we all want to be popular.  We all want to fit in some how, some way. We all want acceptance.  So I totally get that side of the show.  I don't fit in and I want to.   I'm too tall, too loud, too opinionated, just too too.  It also shows that deep inside all of us, including the Sue Sylvesters, there is good, understanding, compassion and hope...and we are all beautiful.  We are all Cheerios in our own right and way. We all have our good traits and bad traits, but we are all worth getting to know. The only thing the show has that I don't have is the singing.  I LOVE THE SINGING.  Especially since I can't carry a tune in a bucket....I really can't.  Just ask anyone who's heard me attempt.  In high school, I was singing along with the radio while I took my shower one morning, at the top of my lungs of course, and my mother came to check on me because she thought I was getting sick.  My sweet son, when he was a baby, liked for me to sing to him before he went to bed or if he had a bad dream.  "Rainbow Song, Mommy," he'd ask. (You know, "Some where over the rainbow.....")  One night, my sweet cherubic 2 year old asked for the "Rainbow Song" and before I'd even finished the first line he said "Mommy  not sing."  Guess it wasn't so comforting any more.  OK, so I can't sing.  But in my head I make Rachel and Mercedes sound like babies.  In my head, I rock!  But don't we all?  That's the point.  In some way, shape or form, we ALL rock.  We just have to take the time to find that in everyone.  Pretty cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment