Friday, August 6, 2010

Long Time Hippy Chick

I THOUGHT that I would post to my blog once a week.  Just like I thought I'd write in my diary every day when I was a teenager.  As you can guess, that didn't happen either.  I'm not posting my old diary to prove it though.  Some things just shouldn't be revisited.  I just get busy.  Other things take priority. Like my family.  This summer my children have been to the beach with the whole family (all 16 of us - YIKES), been to wrestling camp at ASU and gone to Georgia with their grandmother.  They've been very busy and now, as I look at the calendar, I realize that school will start in two and a half weeks. I am the mother of two high school students....How did this happen?!?!  I mean, I know how it "happened," but how did they grow up so quickly?  Sigh.  I'm sure this is nothing that a vat of chocolate won't help...

Speaking of chocolate - great segue to get away from depressing topics like aging - I went to Asheville last week end to visit my cousins.  We had a wonderful time.  We went to this wonderful shop called Chocolate Fetish. YUMMY!!  My hips and thighs say thank you.....for the whole weekend!  We ate....and ate....and ate...at Tupelo Honey, Mellow Mushroom....All the food was wonderful.  I now have new jiggly parts and the ninja pounds are in hot pursuit. OK.  I"m getting depressed again.....

SHOES!!! Let me tell you about the wonderful shoes I found.  These just aren't normal shoes.  These are trippy, dippy, hippy shoes.  They are WONDERFUL!  I first saw theses shoes when I was in middle school (grab chocolate, eat) oh so many years ago (grab more chocolate and eat more).  I had this teacher that was soo cool.  I showed up to class the first day and there was this young woman in a prairie skirt, peasant blouse and these great shoes.  She didn't look much older than me and I later found out later that it was her first year teaching - You did a great job Renee!  She made such an impact on me that when we were reunited last year by mutual friends, I remembered her vividly....and her shoes.  She recognizes her influence on my fashion sense because I wear prairie skirts and peasant blouses all the time.  So here's my tribute to Renee and all of us trippy dippy hippy chicks....drum role please......

Not the greatest picture, but these shoes make me so happy.  They remind me of a time when life was easier, for me and the world. AND they were only$8.50!  You can't beat that!  I also bought a beautiful purple peasant blouse.  I wear them with my prairie skirt and smile a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment