Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bits of Dubai

So, in great space cadet fashion, I didn't get to writing about Car Guy's photos from Chile....slacker, I know.  And, of course, all the photos are on the home computer, so....you have to wait to see them.  I thought that I'd try to appease you with a few pictures from Dubai that he as shared with me.
The buildings there are so unique and impressive.  I'm sure you've all seen the building that looks like a giant sail from a boat.  I have it on good authority (cause he looked it up not because he's staying there) that it is a 7 (that's right SEVEN) star hotel. The only one in existence. Go check it out - it is insane and G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S! The one that Car Guy is staying at is nice though. It has a roof top pool.
See...told you.  This is Car Guy trying to make me jealous....I think it's working.  Seriously though, how pretty is that?  I hope he remembers to take pictures of his hotel room.  I have to live vicariously through him and appreciate the luxury from afar...sigh.

And now, what you've all been waiting for....it really does exist....drum roll please.....
Ski Dubai. That's right folks...they have a ski slope inside. You know, so the snow won't melt in the desert. It really does just boggle my mind. 

Well, hope you enjoyed those.  I'll try to get myself organized (HA!) and maybe next week I'll do a Chile via Dubai post?  Thoughts?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

6 comments:

  1. Your husband is so lucky to be able to travel to all these exotic places! Thanks for sharing! I hope you get to go on the next trip!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an amazing place! You could go swimming outside and skiing inside in the same day. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! And just why didn't he take you on this little trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that Ski Dubai place on House Hunters one time! Wow. That is pretty amazing. And a 7 STAR HOTEL?!?!?!!? What?!?! That's just crazy.

    Ah, these lucky folks who get to visit exotic places... and send photos home to us (eating our peanut butter sandwiches minus the rooftop pool). ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how crazy, skiing in the middle of the desert! I have lived through my hubby's travels at times too. I hope you get to do a bit of travelling too. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh!!! Are you serious? That is insane! I would be so down for some indoor ski slope action! Would you?

    ReplyDelete