Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crochet Crazy

I quit smoking almost two years ago.  I needed to find something to do with my hands. Something to keep them busy.  I make jewelry, but that isn't portable, so I needed to find something else.  I tried knitting...the two needles really discombobulated me.  Too much going on.  So my sister in law suggested that I try to learn how to crochet.  Little did she know that she was creating a monster.  I crochet all the time now.  I think it's more addictive than smoking.  I love creating things....I do however hate weaving in ends and blocking.  Two VERY necessary evils.  There is a great satisfaction with a finished product and I'm getting to the point that I'm pretty quick, depending on the project.....that's another problem....PROJECTS.  So many and so little time.  I have a list of things I want to make for my nieces, nephew (the baby), my mom, my sister, my sisters in law.....It goes on and on.

OMG! And NOBODY warned me about the yarn obsession this would create.  I can spend hours in a yarn store drolling over the alpacas, wools, bamboos.....So soft and then my mind starts racing with what I need to create. 

I've decided that I really should be rich because my job is interferring with my "hobby."  Uh-oh....now where did I put those lottery tickets?

No comments:

Post a Comment